(May 26, 1883 – July 2, 1931)
Peter Kürten was was a German serial killer dubbed The Vampire of Düsseldorf.
He was born in Mülheim am Rhein. He had 10 siblings.
His span of killings was between 1913 and 1930.
He was executed on the guillotine in Cologne.
In Popular Culture
– Dedicated to Peter Kürten, 1981, an album recorded by Whitehouse
– Normal: The Düsseldorf Ripper, 1991, a playwright Anthony Neilson
– Normal (also known as Angels Gone), 2009, a film by Julius Sevcik
– The Secret Killer,(Le Vampire de Düsseldorf), 1965, a biopic by Robert Hossein
– Vampire of Düsseldorf, a song recorded by Macabre